Time Warner Cable Expanding In Lexington County, SC
Time Warner Cable, a provider of cable television and Internet services, has announced plans to expand its operations in Lexington County, SC. The $24 million investment is expected to generate 644 new jobs over the next year.
“Even in a recovering economy, Time Warner Cable continues to grow and is pleased to offer valuable, good paying jobs in Columbia,” said Carol Hevey, executive vice president, Time Warner Cable East. “The addition of 644 jobs, which increases our South Carolina workforce by more than 50 percent, emphasizes our strong commitment to South Carolina.”
Time Warner Cable plans to expand its Retention Center, Telesales Operations Support and Payment Services departments at its West Columbia campus. The company currently employs nearly 1,300 across the state.
“We are excited to start the year off with today’s job-creating announcement by Time Warner Cable. While we work to bring new companies to South Carolina, it speaks to the strength of our state’s business-friendly climate when existing businesses like Time Warner Cable succeed and grow,” said Gov. Nikki Haley.
Time Warner Cable is the largest cable provider in South Carolina and the second largest in the country. The company provides residential customers with video, high speed Internet and digital phone, and business customers with a range of communication solutions and tools, including cloud services, for all size businesses.
“Time Warner Cable has been an important part of our state’s business community for years and this announcement shows they are committed to growing in South Carolina. The company’s growth will bring good-paying jobs that will have an impact throughout Lexington County and the Midlands as a whole,” said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel