DTE Energy and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) have partnered to establish a new customer service tool that allows companies to get estimates for rates, connection costs and the necessary electric infrastructure upgrades for major projects for up to five sites in five days or less.
Michigan is the only state that offers this service to site selectors. And it is programs like this that will help propel Michigan’s economy forward.
“Energy is the life blood of Michigan’s economy, and without a reliable and affordable supply, our economy would simply shut down,” Snyder said in a speech about energy in November.
This improvement will provide a streamlined, transparent and consistent method in determining any potential costs for energy upgrades as well as offer the possibility of significantly reducing these costs for companies. Interested businesses will be guided through the process by DTE Energy’s Economic Development team.
“The changes being implemented by the utilities are vital in making Michigan more competitive in attracting new investments,” said MEDC President and CEO Michael A. Finney. “We are continually working to bring innovation to our site selection services, as we continue to showcase Michigan as the single best place to expand a growing business.”
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities