DTE Energy Expanding Efforts To Help Michigan Businesses
DTE Energy and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) have partnered to establish a new customer service tool that allows companies to get estimates for rates, connection costs and the necessary electric infrastructure upgrades for major projects for up to five sites in five days or less.
Michigan is the only state that offers this service to site selectors. And it is programs like this that will help propel Michigan’s economy forward.
“Energy is the life blood of Michigan’s economy, and without a reliable and affordable supply, our economy would simply shut down,” Snyder said in a speech about energy in November.
This improvement will provide a streamlined, transparent and consistent method in determining any potential costs for energy upgrades as well as offer the possibility of significantly reducing these costs for companies. Interested businesses will be guided through the process by DTE Energy’s Economic Development team.
“The changes being implemented by the utilities are vital in making Michigan more competitive in attracting new investments,” said MEDC President and CEO Michael A. Finney. “We are continually working to bring innovation to our site selection services, as we continue to showcase Michigan as the single best place to expand a growing business.”
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment