Boeing Purchases New Building In Salt Lake County, UT
Boeing has announced the purchase of a new building in Salt Lake County, UT. Employees at the new site, located in West Jordan, will focus on fabrication of composite horizontal stabilizer components for the 787-9.
“The site we’ve chosen is an ideal location to add composite manufacturing capability focused on Boeing’s key business strategies,” said Ross R. Bogue, vice president and general manager of Boeing Fabrication. “This new facility will provide a real competitive advantage in our supply chain by expanding our internal composite capabilities.”
The new site, located 20 miles from Boeing’s fabrication and assembly site in Salt Lake City, was purchased from Masco. The close proximity of the two facilities will help improve the efficiency from component fabrication to assembly of the 787-9 horizontal stabilizer.
The composite component fabrication facility is expected to create approximately 100 new jobs. “Hiring will begin immediately,” said Craig Trewet, director of Boeing Salt Lake. “We’ll begin by hiring project managers and engineers and will then be filling production positions over the next several quarters.”
When finalized, the facility will provide the Boeing Salt Lake team with the flexibility to meet the demands of the highly competitive markets that Boeing serves. This further demonstrates Boeing’s commitment to the state of Utah and to the company’s current and future workforce.
“Boeing appreciates its continued relationship with the state of Utah and we are looking forward to creating a new partnership with the city of West Jordan,” Trewet said.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel