Boeing has announced the purchase of a new building in Salt Lake County, UT. Employees at the new site, located in West Jordan, will focus on fabrication of composite horizontal stabilizer components for the 787-9.
“The site we’ve chosen is an ideal location to add composite manufacturing capability focused on Boeing’s key business strategies,” said Ross R. Bogue, vice president and general manager of Boeing Fabrication. “This new facility will provide a real competitive advantage in our supply chain by expanding our internal composite capabilities.”
The new site, located 20 miles from Boeing’s fabrication and assembly site in Salt Lake City, was purchased from Masco. The close proximity of the two facilities will help improve the efficiency from component fabrication to assembly of the 787-9 horizontal stabilizer.
The composite component fabrication facility is expected to create approximately 100 new jobs. “Hiring will begin immediately,” said Craig Trewet, director of Boeing Salt Lake. “We’ll begin by hiring project managers and engineers and will then be filling production positions over the next several quarters.”
When finalized, the facility will provide the Boeing Salt Lake team with the flexibility to meet the demands of the highly competitive markets that Boeing serves. This further demonstrates Boeing’s commitment to the state of Utah and to the company’s current and future workforce.
“Boeing appreciates its continued relationship with the state of Utah and we are looking forward to creating a new partnership with the city of West Jordan,” Trewet said.
You might like:
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Burn Baby Burn
- Data Cowboys
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion