Amazon To Open Fulfillment Center In Robbinsville, NJ
Posted on: January 8th, 2013
Amazon has announced plans to open a one million-square-foot fulfillment center in Robbinsville, NJ. The company will create hundreds of full-time jobs with benefits at the site.
“Phase one of Amazon’s new state-of-the-art fulfillment center in Robbinsville will spur growth and investment for the Garden State and our local economies while bringing meaningful job creation opportunities for New Jersey’s families,” said Gov. Chris Christie. “Amazon’s multi-million dollar investment in this one facility alone is expected to result in the creation of hundreds of full-time jobs in addition to temporary, seasonal and construction jobs. This announcement represents the strength of our successful partnership with Amazon, and I want to express our sincere thanks for their continued commitment to investing in our state and bringing these job opportunities to our residents.”
“We are extremely excited to welcome Amazon to Robbinsville Township,’’ said Mayor Dave Fried. “We understand Amazon could have chosen anywhere in New Jersey to build this new distribution center, and we are fortunate to have the infrastructure and resources to meet their needs and consummate one of the most sought-after business partnerships in recent memory. With hundreds of new jobs and the tax revenue for our Township, we are obviously thrilled Amazon chose Robbinsville.’’
“Amazon’s decision to move to Mercer County is a prime indicator of the value of this central New Jersey region,” said Mercer County Executive Brian M. Hughes.
“We are excited to open our first fulfillment center in New Jersey, bringing jobs and investment to Robbinsville Township,” said Mike Roth, vice president of Amazon’s North American Operations. “We appreciate the support of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, New Jersey Business Action Center, and other state and local leaders who have worked with us to find this site.”
KTR Capital Partners, a private equity firm, is building the project with Amazon planning to take occupancy in early 2014. The expected investment in the project will exceed $200 million.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
Other posts by Heidi Schwartz
The new one million-square-foot facility in Mercer County, NJ is expected to create hundreds of jobs when it opens in early 2014.
Amazon To Open Fulfillment Center In Robbinsville, NJ was published on at and updated at .