Zipcar Zipping From Cambridge To Boston, MA
Zipcar, Inc. is on the move. Company executives have announced final plans for the relocation of its corporate headquarters from Cambridge, MA, to Boston’s Innovation District. The move is currently planned to take place in the second quarter of 2013.
In keeping with Zipcar’s core values, the new office will be designed for energy efficiency and sustainability, will embrace a high performance workspace strategy with an open floor plan to help promote collaboration, and will have Zipcar car sharing spaces outside. The new location is a short walk to a nearby Silver Line stop and in close proximity to a newly installed Hubway bike sharing station.
The move comes as a result of conversations years ago between Zipcar Chairman and CEO Scott Griffith and Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino. At that time, the two discussed a shared vision for the transformation of the Seaport district into a hub for technology-oriented companies.
“It has been a pleasure working with Mayor Menino, and I’m thrilled to call Boston’s vibrant Innovation District the home of Zipcar’s world headquarters starting in 2013,” said Griffith. “The six floor building we’ll exclusively call home will provide a great environment for our team of passionate and talented employees. Efficiency and sustainability are primary themes both in the design of our office space as well as the building’s prime location.”
Mayor Menino said: “I would like to congratulate the Zipcar team on their new office space in the Innovation District. I am happy to be the first one to officially welcome Zipcar to Boston. I am very pleased to see Zipcar joining the movement of tech companies into the area, and am confident Zipcar’s presence will help the Innovation District continue to grow as a thriving center of commerce here in Boston.”
Margulies Perruzzi Architects has been selected to provide interior architecture and corporate design services, while Cresa Boston is providing brokerage and project management services for the new office.
John Hueber, president of Crosspoint Associates Inc., owner since 2007 of the 10-building Fort Point complex where Zipcar will reside, said, “It’s been a privilege to help facilitate the marriage of a great company like Zipcar with the creative and forward-thinking work environment of the Innovation District. Thanks to Mayor Menino’s futuristic vision for this area, Zipcar and other innovative companies are lining up to be a part of the Greater Boston business scene in the area.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility