Protein Sciences Corporation has signed a five year lease of two fully equipped buildings totaling 83,000 square feet and will make a multi-million dollar investment to establish manufacturing operations at Pfizer’s 550-acre Pearl River Campus in Rockland County, NY. The company’s expansion will initially create approximately 50 new jobs that could grow to up to 150 total jobs over the next decade.
Protein Sciences’ expansion will take advantage of a local workforce experienced in biopharmaceutical research, development and manufacturing. Empire State Development of NY will provide Protein Sciences with $2 million in tax credits through the Excelsior Jobs Program to support the company’s expansion.
Protein Sciences is also working with the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development to explore opportunities to expand the Company’s manufacturing operations near its headquarters in Meriden, CT.
“New York State and local government have provided invaluable assistance that is enabling our expansion in Pearl River. We hope that support from the Connecticut government follows suit and allows us to expand in our home state as well,” said Protein Sciences’ CEO Manon Cox.
Protein Sciences is a vaccine development and protein production company dedicated to saving lives and improving health through the creation of innovative vaccines and biopharmaceuticals.
You might like:
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis