Del Conca To Build First North American Manufacturing Facility In Loudon, TN
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bill Hagerty along with company officials announced Ceramica Del Conca will build its first North American manufacturing facility in Loudon, TN. The announcement by the Italian ceramic floor tile manufacturer represents a $70 million investment and will create 178 new manufacturing jobs in Loudon County.
“This announcement is great news for Loudon County, and I am excited to welcome Del Conca to Tennessee,” Haslam said. “We are very appreciative of the investment in our state as we work toward our goal of becoming the No. 1 location in the Southeast for high quality jobs.”
“Congratulations to Del Conca on this announcement,” Hagerty said. “We are proud to add Del Conca ceramic tiles to the list of quality products made in Tennessee.”
The Italian ceramic tile maker was founded in 1979 and uses high-tech manufacturing processes to keep pace with the growing tile market. Del Conca’s porcelain ceramic tiles are exported worldwide for use in both residential and commercial facilities. Along with establishing a base for U.S. operations, the Loudon facility will allow Del Conca to serve major U.S. customers such as Lowe’s Arizona Tile, Mannington and Tile Shop more effectively.
“Loudon is geographically located close to the main U.S. highways and in close proximity to our sources of raw materials. We have found in Loudon a very cooperative team of people who are working hard in order to help us build a successful business that better serves our U.S. and Canadian customers,” said Paolo Mularoni, president of Del Conca USA.
The 178 new jobs will include managerial, technical/engineering, administrative, production and distribution positions. The Loudon facility is expected to begin operations by the end of 2013. The construction and hiring process will be completed in two phases; the first of which will include the hiring of 100 employees. The remaining 78 employees are expected to be retained within the next five – six years.
“Loudon County welcomes Del Conca to East Tennessee with this opportunity to bring a substantial volume of high-quality jobs and positive economic impact to this region,” Loudon County Economic Development Agency President Pat Phillips said.
“TVA and Loudon Utilities Board congratulate The Del Conca Group on their decision to locate a new manufacturing facility in Loudon County, Tenn.,” John Bradley, TVA Senior Vice President of Economic Development, said. “We are privileged to work with the State of Tennessee, the Loudon County Economic Development Agency and other community leaders to facility new jobs for area residents.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming