Amazon To Open Fulfillment Center In DuPont Creating Hundreds of Jobs
Amazon has announced plans to open a 1 million-square-foot fulfillment center in DuPont, WA. Amazon will create hundreds of full-time jobs with benefits at the new site. The expected investment in the project will exceed $100 million.
“We are proud that Amazon calls Washington home and has decided to expand further in our state. Amazon exemplifies our culture of innovation and global perspective,” said Gov. Chris Gregoire. “I congratulate Amazon on its ongoing success, and we look forward to working together to support the company’s continued prosperity and growth. I’m pleased that joining with our local partners and Amazon, we were able to bring this significant investment and hundreds of good jobs to Pierce County.”
“We are excited to welcome Amazon as the newest member of our community,” said Mayor Michael Grayum of DuPont. “We are focused on attracting new businesses, creating quality jobs and strengthening economic growth. Amazon will be a great addition to the other prominent businesses that call DuPont home.”
“We are excited to increase our presence in the state of Washington with this new fulfillment center,” said Dave Clark, vice president of Amazon global customer fulfillment. “We appreciate the state and local leaders who have helped us make this site in DuPont a reality.”
Duke Realty, a commercial real estate developer based out of Indiana, is building the project with Amazon planning to take occupancy in the fall of 2013.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment