Texas Instruments To Build In Sugar Land, TX
The City of Sugar Land and the Sugar Land Development Corporation recently approved an incentive package that will support plans by Texas Instruments (TI) Incorporated to locate a future business and development facility in the Telfair commercial development area. Scheduled for completion in early 2014, the new office facility will be approximately 160,000 square feet and will bring more than 375 jobs to Sugar Land.
The company elected to locate its research and development facility in Sugar Land after a regional search based on proximity to employees’ homes, local amenities, and clarity of site development plans. The new TI facility will house employees that work in a variety of areas within the company’s embedded processing organization.
“Texas Instruments has had a long-standing relationship with the City of Stafford, where we have had a site for 45 years. In January, we announced plans to sell the site in Stafford. TI is fully supportive of redevelopment efforts in Stafford and is actively coordinating with the city as the site shutdown and sale activities are proceeding,” said Curt Moore, TI Houston site manager. “We are appreciative of the ongoing support we have received from Fort Bend County, and of their efforts to retain TI within the county. And we are very excited about our future home in Sugar Land and the opportunities this will bring. We look forward to forging new relationships with the business community in Sugar Land.”
“We are ecstatic to welcome a stellar Fortune 500 Company such as TI to Sugar Land. The company’s corporate philosophy and national recognitions closely align with the City’s standards for excellence and lays the foundation for a long term partnership between the Company and City,” said Mayor James Thompson.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 2198 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 1043 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 960 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 952 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 930 Views