The City of Sugar Land and the Sugar Land Development Corporation recently approved an incentive package that will support plans by Texas Instruments (TI) Incorporated to locate a future business and development facility in the Telfair commercial development area. Scheduled for completion in early 2014, the new office facility will be approximately 160,000 square feet and will bring more than 375 jobs to Sugar Land.
The company elected to locate its research and development facility in Sugar Land after a regional search based on proximity to employees’ homes, local amenities, and clarity of site development plans. The new TI facility will house employees that work in a variety of areas within the company’s embedded processing organization.
“Texas Instruments has had a long-standing relationship with the City of Stafford, where we have had a site for 45 years. In January, we announced plans to sell the site in Stafford. TI is fully supportive of redevelopment efforts in Stafford and is actively coordinating with the city as the site shutdown and sale activities are proceeding,” said Curt Moore, TI Houston site manager. “We are appreciative of the ongoing support we have received from Fort Bend County, and of their efforts to retain TI within the county. And we are very excited about our future home in Sugar Land and the opportunities this will bring. We look forward to forging new relationships with the business community in Sugar Land.”
“We are ecstatic to welcome a stellar Fortune 500 Company such as TI to Sugar Land. The company’s corporate philosophy and national recognitions closely align with the City’s standards for excellence and lays the foundation for a long term partnership between the Company and City,” said Mayor James Thompson.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities