Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, has announced that construction will begin on a new advanced manufacturing facility at Rolls-Royce Crosspointe in Prince George County, Virginia. The Group is investing $136 million to develop an Advanced Airfoil Machining Facility (AAMF), which will create 140 new, highly skilled jobs. The new AAMF will be located alongside the company’s Rotatives manufacturing facility on the 1,000-acre Crosspointe campus, located just south of the state capital, Richmond.
“Rolls-Royce is making significant investments in the United States and around the world to ensure we have the capacity to deliver on our promises to customers,” said James M. Guyette, Chairman, President and CEO, Rolls-Royce North America. “With a mixture of manufacturing and research facilities, Crosspointe is a center of excellence for precision engineered, high tech components. The expansion will help attract suppliers to Crosspointe, creating an advanced manufacturing hub in Prince George County and driving job creation.”
The 90,000 square feet AAMF facility will produce turbine blades and nozzle guide vanes for Rolls-Royce engines, including the Trent 900, Trent 1000 and Trent XWB engines. These advanced aero engines are used on some of the most sophisticated aircraft in the world, including the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Airbus A380 and Airbus A350. Construction is expected to be completed on the new AAMF facility by the end of 2013, with the first components produced in late 2014.
“Rolls-Royce’s announcement of the imminent construction and start of its second global manufacturing aerospace facility here in the Commonwealth of Virginia is cause for pride, celebration and great responsibility among all Virginians and our steadfast friends at this world-class technology company.” said Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell. “This additional major investment in the Crosspointe campus builds on the momentum of Virginia’s partnership with Rolls-Royce, while also further diversifying and strengthening our state’s strong economy. Rolls-Royce Crosspointe truly has become a beacon for excellence in America– a strategic intersection for high-skilled job creation, cutting-edge innovation and global competitiveness, achieved as an integrated team sharing a common vision.”
You might like:
- Cargill Protein HQ To Remain In Kansas
- SNAPSHOTS: 60 Seconds… with Dennis Davin, Secretary, PA DCED
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Foreign Direct Investment: On the Rebound?
- Last Chance