H3 Biomedicine Inc. (H3), a biopharmaceutical company specializing in the discovery and development of oncology treatments, announced that it has completed an expansion of its headquarters and laboratory facilities in Cambridge, MA. The increase more than doubles the company’s original space to approximately 48,000 square feet, including new state-of-the-art laboratories, offices and meeting rooms. The expansion will support an anticipated staff of 75 employees by the end of 2013, an increase in H3 Biomedicine’s employee base of 29 in 2011.
“Our unique corporate culture encourages science driven work and access to shared resources. We are fortunate to attract top talent while operating in the Cambridge area, where the technical expertise and entrepreneurial spirit are a strong fit for our organization,” said Markus Warmuth, M.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of H3 Biomedicine.
In December 2011, H3 Biomedicine opened its headquarters in Cambridge with 24,000 square feet of working space. Eisai Co. Ltd., a research based human health care (hhc) company, pledged up to $200 million in research funding to H3 Biomedicine and will provide additional support for the company’s clinical development programs, including access to many of Eisai’s drug development capabilities.
H3 Biomedicine’s world-class facilities and technology have also enabled several key collaborations in 2012, including projects with Compendia Bioscience and Horizon Discovery LTD. “These alliances have tremendous synergy with our own scientific programs,” continued Warmuth, “and our expanded facilities will enable us to fulfill the programmatic requirements of additional partnerships in which we participate.”
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Last Chance
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas