NxStage® Medical, Inc., a manufacturer of dialysis products, celebrated the grand opening of its new headquarters in Lawrence, MA, in a special ceremony this week with Gov. Deval Patrick and other local officials. The event took place Monday, October 15th. Speakers included Gov. Patrick, Congresswoman Niki Tsongas, and NxStage Medical CEO Jeffrey Burbank.
NxStage’s new 137,000 square foot facility replaces its prior 58,000 square foot headquarters and houses the company’s 300 employees within research and development, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and other functions. NxStage’s new headquarters remains in Lawrence, and is expected to accommodate the company’s future growth.
In 2008, NxStage Medical was named the fourth largest revenue gainer in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal and in 2009 was recognized as the third fastest growing company in Massachusetts. The Massachusetts Life Sciences Center (MLSC), the agency charged with implementing Gov. Patrick’s 10-year, $1 billion Life Sciences Initiative, awarded approximately $1.3 million in tax incentives to NxStage Medical in 2010 to encourage the company’s growth in Massachusetts.
“Thanks to our growth strategy of investing in education, innovation and infrastructure, Massachusetts continues to lead the world in life sciences,” said Gov. Patrick. “I congratulate NxStage on this significant achievement and for reaffirming its commitment to Massachusetts.”
“By committing to Lawrence, NxStage ensures the presence of good jobs and continued innovation in the years ahead and I look forward to working with them as a federal partner to ensure that they are able to continue to grow and thrive here in the Commonwealth,” said Congresswoman Niki Tsongas.
“We are very appreciative that the Governor and others recognize the importance of what we’re working to accomplish to ensure that this life-changing therapy option is available to all dialysis patients,” stated Jeffrey H. Burbank, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of NxStage Medical.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities