NxStage® Medical, Inc., a manufacturer of dialysis products, celebrated the grand opening of its new headquarters in Lawrence, MA, in a special ceremony this week with Gov. Deval Patrick and other local officials. The event took place Monday, October 15th. Speakers included Gov. Patrick, Congresswoman Niki Tsongas, and NxStage Medical CEO Jeffrey Burbank.
NxStage’s new 137,000 square foot facility replaces its prior 58,000 square foot headquarters and houses the company’s 300 employees within research and development, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and other functions. NxStage’s new headquarters remains in Lawrence, and is expected to accommodate the company’s future growth.
In 2008, NxStage Medical was named the fourth largest revenue gainer in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal and in 2009 was recognized as the third fastest growing company in Massachusetts. The Massachusetts Life Sciences Center (MLSC), the agency charged with implementing Gov. Patrick’s 10-year, $1 billion Life Sciences Initiative, awarded approximately $1.3 million in tax incentives to NxStage Medical in 2010 to encourage the company’s growth in Massachusetts.
“Thanks to our growth strategy of investing in education, innovation and infrastructure, Massachusetts continues to lead the world in life sciences,” said Gov. Patrick. “I congratulate NxStage on this significant achievement and for reaffirming its commitment to Massachusetts.”
“By committing to Lawrence, NxStage ensures the presence of good jobs and continued innovation in the years ahead and I look forward to working with them as a federal partner to ensure that they are able to continue to grow and thrive here in the Commonwealth,” said Congresswoman Niki Tsongas.
“We are very appreciative that the Governor and others recognize the importance of what we’re working to accomplish to ensure that this life-changing therapy option is available to all dialysis patients,” stated Jeffrey H. Burbank, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of NxStage Medical.
You might like:
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana