KWIC In Manhattan, KS, Gets EDA Grant
The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) has announced a $458,000 Economic Development Administration (EDA) grant to the Kansas Wheat Commission of Manhattan, KS, to support expanded research and commercialization efforts of the Kansas Wheat Innovation Center (KWIC). The project is expected to create 50 jobs and generate $1.9 million in additional investment, according to grantee estimates.
“This EDA investment will help expand the Kansas Wheat Innovation Center’s efforts to reinvigorate wheat genetics research and will support the commercialization of an agricultural product that is not only a staple food product, but a major U.S. export that supports thousands of jobs throughout the country,” said Acting Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Economic Development Matt Erskine.
The EDA investment will allow for the purchase of equipment for biotechnology research and development at the Kansas Wheat Innovation Center. This will boost the capabilities of the Heartland Plant Innovations and the Wheat Genetics and Genomics Resource Center at Kansas State University to provide advanced plant breeding services and engage in public-private collaborative research and commercialization efforts for newly developed varieties of wheat.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility