From the September/October 2012 issue
With politicians roaming the nation in search of votes and football titans clashing on the gridiron, everyone seems to be consumed with making their picks this fall.
If you’re as tired as we are of doubletalk from candidates and mixed signals from clueless refs, we encourage you to curl up with our annual Editors’ Location Picks. We’ve taken care to mine the economic development landscape for some sparkling gems that have earned a place in our yearly showcase. As always, it was much harder winnowing the field of worthy locations than it was singing their praises on our pages.
We’re also pleased to give you a front-row seat as we have an in-depth chat with Gov. Steve Beshear of Kentucky about his diverse and effective strategy for growth. With new and expanded production from Ford, Toyota and GM, Kentucky has emerged as an automotive powerhouse. But the Bluegrass State is about much more than fast cars, fast horses and great bourbon. From advanced batteries to a global logistics hub, Kentucky is moving forward and heading for the top tier.
We also encourage you to sample our comprehensive review of emerging high-tech hubs. These technology centers are popping up in unexpected places, quickly moving advances out of the labs and into nearby end-markets.
There’s a lot to digest in this year’s busy fall harvest. Check out this issue and take your pick.
Editor in Chief
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Two-Way Street
Topic Tags: football