FIRST WORD: Take Your Pick
From the September/October 2012 issue
With politicians roaming the nation in search of votes and football titans clashing on the gridiron, everyone seems to be consumed with making their picks this fall.
If you’re as tired as we are of doubletalk from candidates and mixed signals from clueless refs, we encourage you to curl up with our annual Editors’ Location Picks. We’ve taken care to mine the economic development landscape for some sparkling gems that have earned a place in our yearly showcase. As always, it was much harder winnowing the field of worthy locations than it was singing their praises on our pages.
We’re also pleased to give you a front-row seat as we have an in-depth chat with Gov. Steve Beshear of Kentucky about his diverse and effective strategy for growth. With new and expanded production from Ford, Toyota and GM, Kentucky has emerged as an automotive powerhouse. But the Bluegrass State is about much more than fast cars, fast horses and great bourbon. From advanced batteries to a global logistics hub, Kentucky is moving forward and heading for the top tier.
We also encourage you to sample our comprehensive review of emerging high-tech hubs. These technology centers are popping up in unexpected places, quickly moving advances out of the labs and into nearby end-markets.
There’s a lot to digest in this year’s busy fall harvest. Check out this issue and take your pick.
Editor in Chief
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming
Topic Tags: football