From the September/October 2012 issue
With politicians roaming the nation in search of votes and football titans clashing on the gridiron, everyone seems to be consumed with making their picks this fall.
If you’re as tired as we are of doubletalk from candidates and mixed signals from clueless refs, we encourage you to curl up with our annual Editors’ Location Picks. We’ve taken care to mine the economic development landscape for some sparkling gems that have earned a place in our yearly showcase. As always, it was much harder winnowing the field of worthy locations than it was singing their praises on our pages.
We’re also pleased to give you a front-row seat as we have an in-depth chat with Gov. Steve Beshear of Kentucky about his diverse and effective strategy for growth. With new and expanded production from Ford, Toyota and GM, Kentucky has emerged as an automotive powerhouse. But the Bluegrass State is about much more than fast cars, fast horses and great bourbon. From advanced batteries to a global logistics hub, Kentucky is moving forward and heading for the top tier.
We also encourage you to sample our comprehensive review of emerging high-tech hubs. These technology centers are popping up in unexpected places, quickly moving advances out of the labs and into nearby end-markets.
There’s a lot to digest in this year’s busy fall harvest. Check out this issue and take your pick.
Editor in Chief
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
Topic Tags: football