Emerson Announces New HQ In Ascension Parish, LA
On October 12, 2012, LA Gov. Bobby Jindal and Emerson Electric Co. executives announced plans to build a new $10 million regional headquarters for the company’s Emerson Process Management division. Emerson acquired 19 acres in Gonzales, LA to build the new regional headquarters, which will provide a unified facility covering a host of business operations: manufacturing, training, engineering, sales, and service.
The project will create 50 new direct jobs with salaries of $49,000, plus benefits, while also retaining 125 existing jobs at Emerson. The Louisiana Department of Economic Development (LED) estimates the project will result in an additional 28 new indirect jobs. The project will also create 75 temporary construction jobs.
Gov. Jindal said, “Emerson has served the Gulf Coast from its Capital Region locations for more than four decades, and we’re proud that the company has decided to expand here in Louisiana.”
“Emerson’s Fisher business has been a good corporate neighbor in Ascension Parish for the past 40 years, and we’re excited to build this new state of the art facility in Gonzales,” said Denny Cahill, vice president of global services for Emerson Process Management.
LED’s Business Expansion and Retention Group, or BERG, began working with Emerson in January 2011 as the company considered expansion plans that could increase the efficiency of its Capital Region operations. To secure the project, the state offered Emerson a Modernization Tax Credit of $375,000, payable over five years. The company also is expected to utilize Louisiana’s Quality Jobs and Industrial Tax Exemption incentive programs. The City of Gonzales, Ascension Parish, and the Ascension Economic Development Corp. also negotiated sales tax incentives that will enhance the competitiveness of the regional headquarters.
“We are excited that Emerson selected Gonzales as the location for its new regional campus headquarters,” Gonzales Mayor Barney Arceneaux said. “This expansion will give our citizens the opportunity to work for a first-class, Fortune 500 company, and it will give our schools the opportunity to use a $1 million training facility to train the workforce of the future in the latest technology.”
Emerson already has begun hiring new staff for the expansion and now employs 135 people in the region: 101 in Ascension Parish and 34 in East Baton Rouge Parish. When the regional headquarters is completed in late 2013, those employees and additional hired staff will move to the new facility. At this facility, Emerson will chiefly support a customer base along the Gulf Coast and also fabricate components to complete custom orders for plants worldwide.
“Emerson Process Management’s announcement is a huge win for advanced manufacturing in the Baton Rouge area, one of our target industries,” said President and CEO Adam Knapp of the Baton Rouge Area Chamber.” Additionally, this move will consolidate the company’s various facilities and create a regional headquarters, adding value to both the company and the region. BRAC worked with Emerson on site and project analysis, as well as the economic analysis needed to calculate for local incentives. We congratulate them on this new venture.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming