Carter’s, Inc. To Consolidate CT-Based Operations In Atlanta
Carter’s, Inc., maker of apparel exclusively for babies and young children, has announced plans to consolidate its retail store and financial operations currently managed in its Shelton, CT facility with the Company’s Atlanta, GA-based operations. To enable the consolidation of these operations and to support its growth plans, the Company is evaluating its long-term space needs in the Atlanta area. The Company expects to complete this consolidation by the end of 2013.
“We are very fortunate to be growing and expanding our business in our hometown of Atlanta,” said Michael D. Casey, chairman and chief executive officer. “We believe that bringing our employees together in one location will improve the interaction and collaboration of our talented workforce and strengthen our ability to provide consumers with the best value and experience in young children’s apparel.”
Approximately 200 new jobs are expected to be created in Atlanta principally in the areas of retail merchandising and store operations, finance, and information technology. The Company currently employs approximately 1,200 people in the Atlanta metropolitan area.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment