AAR to Open New Aircraft Maintenance Facility in Duluth, MN
AAR, a provider of aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services to commercial airlines announced it has passed the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) certification approval process for a new aircraft maintenance facility in Duluth, MN. AAR currently maintains MRO facilities in Indianapolis, Oklahoma City, Miami and Hot Springs, Arkansas.
“The Duluth facility is designed to be efficient and scalable, enabling us to start with a single line of maintenance and quickly expand to accommodate additional work,” said Timothy J. Romenesko, President and Chief Operating Officer of AAR CORP.
AAR expects the 188,000-square-foot facility to be operational by December 2012 and anticipates that it will be running at full capacity within a year. AAR has already begun hiring in Duluth and has immediate openings for additional aviation maintenance technicians (AMTs).
“We appreciate the tremendous collaboration of the FAA, Duluth Airport Authority, local officials and economic development teams for their assistance in securing our regulatory approval and preparing the facility for operations,” Romenesko continued.
AAR provides a wide range of products and services to the commercial aviation, government and defense industries, with sales of more than $2 billion. Aircraft MRO represents approximately 20 percent of AAR’s overall business.
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- State Focus: Texas Diversity
- General Cable Industries Relocating Operations To Lawrenceburg, KY
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Tale of Two Mayors