Westport Axle, a Louisville, KY-based manufacturer of steer axle modules, has expanded into Pennsylvania and has opened its first facility in the state. The 516,800-square-foot facility is located in the Lehigh Valley area of Breinigsville, PA. Executives at Wesport hope to bring more than 500 new jobs to the area within the next three years.
Founded in 1986, the company is a just-in-time service provider of forged-machined I-beams and steering knuckles/arms for commercial, recreational, and construction vehicles. The move to the leased facility, which is located next to the Amazon warehouse, reflects the company’s expansion into new markets.
Brian Pedersen of Lehigh Valley Business writes,
Westport will lease the Breinigsville facility for five years. The project would include leasehold improvements, the purchase of equipment and employee training. Westport will invest more than $5 million in the site.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street