Westport Axle Moves Into Breinigsville, PA
Westport Axle, a Louisville, KY-based manufacturer of steer axle modules, has expanded into Pennsylvania and has opened its first facility in the state. The 516,800-square-foot facility is located in the Lehigh Valley area of Breinigsville, PA. Executives at Wesport hope to bring more than 500 new jobs to the area within the next three years.
Founded in 1986, the company is a just-in-time service provider of forged-machined I-beams and steering knuckles/arms for commercial, recreational, and construction vehicles. The move to the leased facility, which is located next to the Amazon warehouse, reflects the company’s expansion into new markets.
Brian Pedersen of Lehigh Valley Business writes,
Westport will lease the Breinigsville facility for five years. The project would include leasehold improvements, the purchase of equipment and employee training. Westport will invest more than $5 million in the site.
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- State Focus: Texas Diversity
- General Cable Industries Relocating Operations To Lawrenceburg, KY
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide