Westport Axle, a Louisville, KY-based manufacturer of steer axle modules, has expanded into Pennsylvania and has opened its first facility in the state. The 516,800-square-foot facility is located in the Lehigh Valley area of Breinigsville, PA. Executives at Wesport hope to bring more than 500 new jobs to the area within the next three years.
Founded in 1986, the company is a just-in-time service provider of forged-machined I-beams and steering knuckles/arms for commercial, recreational, and construction vehicles. The move to the leased facility, which is located next to the Amazon warehouse, reflects the company’s expansion into new markets.
Brian Pedersen of Lehigh Valley Business writes,
Westport will lease the Breinigsville facility for five years. The project would include leasehold improvements, the purchase of equipment and employee training. Westport will invest more than $5 million in the site.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Burn Baby Burn
- Data Cowboys
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina