Westport Axle Moves Into Breinigsville, PA
Westport Axle, a Louisville, KY-based manufacturer of steer axle modules, has expanded into Pennsylvania and has opened its first facility in the state. The 516,800-square-foot facility is located in the Lehigh Valley area of Breinigsville, PA. Executives at Wesport hope to bring more than 500 new jobs to the area within the next three years.
Founded in 1986, the company is a just-in-time service provider of forged-machined I-beams and steering knuckles/arms for commercial, recreational, and construction vehicles. The move to the leased facility, which is located next to the Amazon warehouse, reflects the company’s expansion into new markets.
Brian Pedersen of Lehigh Valley Business writes,
Westport will lease the Breinigsville facility for five years. The project would include leasehold improvements, the purchase of equipment and employee training. Westport will invest more than $5 million in the site.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel