Westport Axle Moves Into Breinigsville, PA
Westport Axle, a Louisville, KY-based manufacturer of steer axle modules, has expanded into Pennsylvania and has opened its first facility in the state. The 516,800-square-foot facility is located in the Lehigh Valley area of Breinigsville, PA. Executives at Wesport hope to bring more than 500 new jobs to the area within the next three years.
Founded in 1986, the company is a just-in-time service provider of forged-machined I-beams and steering knuckles/arms for commercial, recreational, and construction vehicles. The move to the leased facility, which is located next to the Amazon warehouse, reflects the company’s expansion into new markets.
Brian Pedersen of Lehigh Valley Business writes,
Westport will lease the Breinigsville facility for five years. The project would include leasehold improvements, the purchase of equipment and employee training. Westport will invest more than $5 million in the site.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment