Retailer Nordstrom To Open In Several Canadian Cities
On September 13, 2012, Nordstrom announced plans to start serving customers with its first full-line stores in Canada beginning Fall of 2014. The company is partnering with Cadillac Fairview, an investor, owner, and manager of commercial real estate, to lease four stores at shopping centers located in Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver.
Nordstrom will be moving into space that will be vacated by Sears and then renovated at Pacific Centre in Vancouver (pictured, right), Calgary’s Chinook Centre, and the Rideau Centre in Ottawa. A new construction store will be opening in Toronto’s Sherway Gardens.
“While we’re fortunate to have many loyal Canadian customers who’ve shopped with us over the years, we recognize we’re new here and that we have to earn our customers’ business. We look forward to what we will learn and are grateful for the chance to better serve our Canadian customers,” said Erik Nordstrom, president of stores for Nordstrom, Inc.
“We are delighted that Nordstrom has found a home in Canada in our shopping centers, and we welcome them to the Canadian market,” said John Sullivan, president and CEO, Cadillac Fairview. “Nordstrom is an excellent fit for all four locations; not only will it transform our shopping centers, but this will enhance the Canadian retail landscape as a whole.”
Tentative timeframes for the store openings include:
|Fall of 2014:||Chinook Centre, Calgary — two levels, approximately 140,000 square feet|
|Spring 2015:||Rideau Centre, Ottawa — two levels, approximately 157,000 square feet|
|Pacific Centre, Vancouver — three levels, approximately 230,000 square feet|
|Fall of 2016:||Sherway Gardens, Toronto — two levels, approximately 138,000 square feet|
Nordstrom also announced it will continue exploring opportunities to open additional full-line stores as well as Nordstrom Racks, its off-price retail division, as part of the company’s future expansion into Canada.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming