July/August 2012 Issue (Volume 45, Number 4)
Business Facilities: July/August 2012
First Word | The Best (Not The Rest)
Snapshots: 60 Seconds | with Richard Fisher, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Cover Story: Rankings Report | Take a trip around the globe with our annual assessment of world beaters.
Feature Story: Nothing Matters More Than Talent | Unemployment rates are still depressingly high, but what’s even more astounding is thousands of jobs going unfilled because of a shortage of skilled labor. Our in-depth roundup reveals which states are filling this gap with innovative and highly effective workforce training programs.
Industry Focus: The Process Of Food | In the journey from farms to refrigerators, back-end considerations must be addressed before you get the first bite.
Business Report: Mississippi – Nissan North America Expanding In Canton, MS | Nissan North America is planning to produce Sentra compacts at its Canton Plant, adding 1,000 jobs.
Location Focus: Things Are Heating Up In The Hoosier State | Business Golaiths and entrepreneurial Davids alike get a friendly reception when they locate in Indiana.
Business Report: Virginia – Virginia’s High-Tech Economy Keeps Growing | The Commonwealth is making sure that businesses have a technology edge when they put down roots in VA.
Location Focus: Ontario Is Green, Growing, And Diversifying | Find out how our friends up North are moving quickly to diversify their base to cope with a strong Canadian dollar.
International Report: Mexico – Nexus Of Industrial Development Across Mexico | Amistad’s Industrial Developers is a growth driver South of the border, working with more than 100 industry leaders.
Business Report: California – California Is Preparing For The Future | The Golden State has made commitment to link its transportation systems to a new high-speed rail line.
Location Focus: Facets Of Florida | We all know you can get the best oranges, grapefruits, and suntans in Florida. But the Sunshine State also offers bushels of high-tech businesses.
Business Report: Tennessee – Tennessee Initiates Site Certification Program | The Volunteer State is establishing a rigorous set of benchmarks and engaging a top-flight team of consultants to pre-certifty available sites.
Inside LiveXchange: You Rank, We Rank, Some Stank | Dean Barber, principal of Barber Business Advisors, will be a featured speaker at this year’s LiveXchange event. Here, Dean gives us his insightful take on rankings.
To subscribe to BF, visit this link.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
Topic Tags: BF-July/Aug-2012