From the July/August 2012 issue
After the financial collapse and the Great Recession—and throughout the sputtering recovery which has followed—perception has been almost as important as reality.
Everyone is reading the economic tea leaves, hoping to glean some positive sign that tomorrow will be better than today. Stock markets rise and fall on whispers of instability or the smallest glimmer of progress.
In this environment, we know our Rankings Report is viewed through a prism colored by the hopes and fears of all the locations we evaluate. So we’ve taken special care to make sure the nearly 50 categories that comprise our 8th annual rankings exercise are configured to produce credible, informative results.
We also keep our spotlight fixed on the locations that have succeeded, which is why we limit our results to the top 10 states or metros (in some categories, the top five). We assume everyone has better things to do than to argue over who finished 40th or 41st. We hope you agree.
Business Facilities always has considered its primary mission to be your guide to the most suitable locations for your development projects. Our showcase is reserved for those who deserve it—and we’re not going to kick anybody who’s struggling to climb the ladder.
We congratulate all of the top-ranked locations in our 8th Annual Ranking Report. We invite you to visit this link and give them a cheer.
Editor in Chief
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Last Chance
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas