FIRST WORD: The Best (Not the Rest)
From the July/August 2012 issue
After the financial collapse and the Great Recession—and throughout the sputtering recovery which has followed—perception has been almost as important as reality.
Everyone is reading the economic tea leaves, hoping to glean some positive sign that tomorrow will be better than today. Stock markets rise and fall on whispers of instability or the smallest glimmer of progress.
In this environment, we know our Rankings Report is viewed through a prism colored by the hopes and fears of all the locations we evaluate. So we’ve taken special care to make sure the nearly 50 categories that comprise our 8th annual rankings exercise are configured to produce credible, informative results.
We also keep our spotlight fixed on the locations that have succeeded, which is why we limit our results to the top 10 states or metros (in some categories, the top five). We assume everyone has better things to do than to argue over who finished 40th or 41st. We hope you agree.
Business Facilities always has considered its primary mission to be your guide to the most suitable locations for your development projects. Our showcase is reserved for those who deserve it—and we’re not going to kick anybody who’s struggling to climb the ladder.
We congratulate all of the top-ranked locations in our 8th Annual Ranking Report. We invite you to visit this link and give them a cheer.
Editor in Chief
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel