TN Preps for $67 Million Expansion of Mars NA Chocolate Plant
In Cleveland, TN, Mars Chocolate North America is putting the groundwork in place to ramp up production of pretzel M&Ms. The McLean, VA-based manufacturer of pet foods, confections, and other consumable goods is considering the Cleveland City Council’s pending property tax exemption as incentive to expand operations in the region.
Randall Higgins of TimesFreePress.com writes,
Terms of the agreement, known as a payment in lieu of taxes, include an annual payment of 50% of the property taxes otherwise due until December 31, 2018.
According to the company, that agreement still means an annual payment of $652,588 to Bradley County and $542,755 to the city of Cleveland over the seven-year period.
The new production line would add 38 jobs at the plant, which currently employs 493 workers.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming