BauschLinnemann Puts North American HQ in Horry County, SC
BauschLinnemann North America, a producer of surfaces and edge bandings for furniture makers, has announced plans to establish a new facility and its North American headquarters in Horry County, SC. The more than $8 million investment is expected to generate 55 jobs.
“We are pleased to establish our new production facility and North American headquarters in Horry County. South Carolina has the right business environment for us and has the skilled workforce we need. We appreciate all the support we’ve received from state and local officials in moving this project forward,” said Michael Phillips, CEO and president of BauschLinnemann North America.
BauschLinnemann North America recently acquired Coastal Paper, a Horry County company and former supplier. BauschLinnemann also acquired the assets of CDM, a Quebec, Canada company, early in 2012. With these acquisitions it was determined that Horry County would be the ideal location for a consolidated production facility and North American headquarters. The facility will produce the company’s range of laminates and edge treatments.
“It’s always exciting to see another international company discover the benefits of doing business in South Carolina. We celebrate BauschLinnemann’s decision to invest in Horry County and create 55 jobs. We are working every day to attract investment from companies from around the globe,” said Gov. Nikki Haley.
Since January 2011, South Carolina has recruited more than $6.8 billion in capital investment and more than 16,000 jobs in the manufacturing sector.
“South Carolina continues to attract companies from around the world that are looking for a business-friendly climate and talented workforce to make their products. BauschLinnemann’s investment here is another sign of that and further boosts South Carolina’s manufacturing renaissance,” said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt.
The facility, located on Harrelson Blvd., will give the company 75,000 square feet of new manufacturing and office space, and is expected to be completed in the summer of 2013. The campus has room to expand to 200,000 square feet.
“The scope of industry is widening in Horry County. BauschLinnemann announcing the relocation of its North American headquarters in Horry County comes on the heels of other recent announcements by AvCraft Technical Services and Frontier Communications. This is a clear indication that the strategy Horry County Council and the MBREDC have put in place is working. We are having a great year, and our mission to create jobs is becoming a reality,” said MBREDC Chairman Doug Wendel.
“The North Eastern Strategic Alliance is excited to learn that BauschLinnemann will locate its North American headquarters and consolidate its manufacturing operations in Myrtle Beach. This decision represents a fine example of what happens when we all work together in economic development. BauschLinnemann’s decision makes a strong statement regarding the workforce and pro-business environment within our region, and we are confident that those two factors will help BauschLinnemann to be successful. We welcome BauschLinnemann as our newest corporate neighbor,” said state Sen. J. Yancey McGill.
BauschLinnemann will begin hiring for the new positions in the beginning of summer 2013. The Coordinating Council for Economic Development approved the company for job development credits, which will be available when hiring targets are met.
BauschLinnemann North America is a system supplier of paper-based furniture surfaces, and is a subsidiary of BauschLinnemann GmbH.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility