AVX, a global manufacturer and supplier of electronic and interconnect components, plans to increase manufacturing and research operations at its facility in Greenville County, South Carolina. Investment for the project will be in excess of 14 million and is expected to generate more than 250 new jobs over the next several years.
“Increasing manufacturing and research operations at our global Headquarters facility in Fountain Inn, near Greenville, is an important step for our company’s growth. These new operations will allow us to expand our worldwide activity and broaden our product offering. We appreciate the support we’ve received from state and local officials as well as representatives of Duke Energy,” said Kurt Cummings, chief financial officer of AVX.
The company relocated its corporate headquarters to Fountain Inn in 2009 and will complete renovations at the former Mita building located in Southchase Industrial Park in order to accommodate the increased activity.
“Our manufacturing renaissance continues to gain steam with investments like this one from AVX. Manufacturing is the key component to wealth creation in South Carolina and these jobs will have impact in the Upstate,” said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt.
“Investments like this one show that our state provides an environment where companies can grow and prosper,” said Gov. Nikki Haley.
AVX’s decision was, in part, based on business inducements from the state and the county, including a $500,000 Closing Fund grant for building improvements, job development credits, and tax abatements from the county.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Icy Hot
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
Topic Tags: SC