AVX Plans $14 Million Expansion in Greenville County, SC
AVX, a global manufacturer and supplier of electronic and interconnect components, plans to increase manufacturing and research operations at its facility in Greenville County, South Carolina. Investment for the project will be in excess of 14 million and is expected to generate more than 250 new jobs over the next several years.
“Increasing manufacturing and research operations at our global Headquarters facility in Fountain Inn, near Greenville, is an important step for our company’s growth. These new operations will allow us to expand our worldwide activity and broaden our product offering. We appreciate the support we’ve received from state and local officials as well as representatives of Duke Energy,” said Kurt Cummings, chief financial officer of AVX.
The company relocated its corporate headquarters to Fountain Inn in 2009 and will complete renovations at the former Mita building located in Southchase Industrial Park in order to accommodate the increased activity.
“Our manufacturing renaissance continues to gain steam with investments like this one from AVX. Manufacturing is the key component to wealth creation in South Carolina and these jobs will have impact in the Upstate,” said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt.
“Investments like this one show that our state provides an environment where companies can grow and prosper,” said Gov. Nikki Haley.
AVX’s decision was, in part, based on business inducements from the state and the county, including a $500,000 Closing Fund grant for building improvements, job development credits, and tax abatements from the county.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming
Topic Tags: SC