AVX, a global manufacturer and supplier of electronic and interconnect components, plans to increase manufacturing and research operations at its facility in Greenville County, South Carolina. Investment for the project will be in excess of 14 million and is expected to generate more than 250 new jobs over the next several years.
“Increasing manufacturing and research operations at our global Headquarters facility in Fountain Inn, near Greenville, is an important step for our company’s growth. These new operations will allow us to expand our worldwide activity and broaden our product offering. We appreciate the support we’ve received from state and local officials as well as representatives of Duke Energy,” said Kurt Cummings, chief financial officer of AVX.
The company relocated its corporate headquarters to Fountain Inn in 2009 and will complete renovations at the former Mita building located in Southchase Industrial Park in order to accommodate the increased activity.
“Our manufacturing renaissance continues to gain steam with investments like this one from AVX. Manufacturing is the key component to wealth creation in South Carolina and these jobs will have impact in the Upstate,” said Secretary of Commerce Bobby Hitt.
“Investments like this one show that our state provides an environment where companies can grow and prosper,” said Gov. Nikki Haley.
AVX’s decision was, in part, based on business inducements from the state and the county, including a $500,000 Closing Fund grant for building improvements, job development credits, and tax abatements from the county.
You might like:
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana
Topic Tags: SC