Roche Diagnostics Plans Indiana Headquarters Expansion
Roche Diagnostics, a leader in research-focused healthcare, plans to invest $300 million at its North American headquarters in Indianapolis. The project is expected to create up to 100 new jobs by 2017.
The company intends to build a new commercial education center on its 160-acre northeast side campus, as well as refurbish existing buildings, buy new equipment for new diabetes care test strips and upgrade IT equipment.
“Roche’s continued growth has shown that Indiana is the epicenter for the life sciences industry and the premier state for growing an innovative business,” said Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels.
Roche said it employs nearly 3,000 Hoosiers.
“As the leader in the in-vitro diagnostics industry, we’re proud to be a part of the growing life sciences movement in central Indiana,” said Jack Phillips, president and chief executive officer of Roche Diagnostics. “We appreciate the partnership from the city and state as we look to increase jobs and enhance our Indianapolis campus facilities.”
The Indiana Economic Development Corporation offered Roche up to $2 million in conditional tax credits and up to $300,000 in training grants based on the company’s job creation plans.
Indianapolis officials will also consider additional property tax abatements.
“Indianapolis’ stable tax climate and pro-growth economic environment offers businesses of all types opportunity to thrive,” said Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard. “We are thrilled with this investment by Roche and are proud to have corporate partners who share our commitment to building a community that is open for business, providing quality jobs for our talented workforce.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming