Rehau AG Invests $30 Million in Cullman, AL Plant
German auto supplier Rehau AG + Co. will invest $30 million to expand production at its Cullman plant for new bumper production.
The investment will cover infrastructure and equipment costs needed for bumper assemblies for Daimler AG’s Mercedes-Benz C-Class and M-Class vehicles, as well as improved production for additional North American business and to support business outside North America, the company said in a June 12 press release.
Rehau, with North American headquarters in Leesburg, Va., has injection molded bumper fascias and other parts in Cullman since the late 1990s. Upgrades to the facility now include a building expansion, new injection molding equipment, auxiliary fabrication equipment and conversion of the painting line to a waterborne-paint system.
The company also expects to add up to 200 more employees during the next two years.
Bumper assembly design and development in Cullman have already started, with the first production using new equipment expected in mid-2013.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana