Magneti Marelli will expand its operations in Pulaski, Tenn., creating 800 jobs as part of a $53.7 million investment.
Magneti Marelli is a global automotive systems and components supplier. State officials said Monday a new automotive lighting operation will be housed inside the company’s existing Pulaski plant.
“What a great day for the citizens of Giles County,” Janet Vanzant, county executive, said. “Today’s good news means jobs, and that is always good. Magneti Marelli has been a great corporate citizen for several years, and we all welcome this expansion. I want to thank the State of Tennessee, our local economic development office and all the other partners that contributed to the success of this project.”
Bill Hagerty, economic and community development commissioner, said in making the announcement that Tennessee has the strongest balance sheet in the United States. The state, he said, stands out to global companies like Magneti Marelli who do a worldwide review in deciding where to locate and expand operations.
Gov. Bill Haslam said the state stresses several industry clusters, such as the automotive industry, in its economic development strategy.
“Congratulations to Magneti Marelli on this announcement,” Haslam said. “Our Jobs4TN economic development strategy includes strong emphasis on several industry clusters, such as the automotive industry, in which the state holds a distinct competitive advantage and on expanding existing Tennessee businesses. The addition of this lighting operation to the Pulaski site is welcome news to Giles County and the state.”
Magneti Marelli has 34,000 employees in 18 countries.
You might like:
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Burn Baby Burn
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion