Magneti Marelli will expand its operations in Pulaski, Tenn., creating 800 jobs as part of a $53.7 million investment.
Magneti Marelli is a global automotive systems and components supplier. State officials said Monday a new automotive lighting operation will be housed inside the company’s existing Pulaski plant.
“What a great day for the citizens of Giles County,” Janet Vanzant, county executive, said. “Today’s good news means jobs, and that is always good. Magneti Marelli has been a great corporate citizen for several years, and we all welcome this expansion. I want to thank the State of Tennessee, our local economic development office and all the other partners that contributed to the success of this project.”
Bill Hagerty, economic and community development commissioner, said in making the announcement that Tennessee has the strongest balance sheet in the United States. The state, he said, stands out to global companies like Magneti Marelli who do a worldwide review in deciding where to locate and expand operations.
Gov. Bill Haslam said the state stresses several industry clusters, such as the automotive industry, in its economic development strategy.
“Congratulations to Magneti Marelli on this announcement,” Haslam said. “Our Jobs4TN economic development strategy includes strong emphasis on several industry clusters, such as the automotive industry, in which the state holds a distinct competitive advantage and on expanding existing Tennessee businesses. The addition of this lighting operation to the Pulaski site is welcome news to Giles County and the state.”
Magneti Marelli has 34,000 employees in 18 countries.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities