From the May/June 2012 issue
Sometimes things don’t work out exactly the way you’ve planned them. When we sat down at our editorial calendar meeting last year and set the lineup for the May/June issue, we assumed that our annual look at the biotech sector would reveal a steadily expanding universe of start-ups.
We also thought waves of economic recovery emanating from the U.S. would be coming ashore in Europe. We wondered whether a federal consolidation of government data centers—now impacting more than 1,200 facilities—might turn our industry focus of this sector into a crisis report.
Well, it turns out that the biotech playing field is leveling, Europe is in crisis and the data center industry is growing by gigabytes. Go figure.
Which tells us that it’s more important than ever to stay current on the latest twists and turns of the economic development saga. Yesterday’s winners may be tomorrow’s losers. The only constant is change. We’ll do our best to keep you up to speed.
This month, we also unveil our comprehensive survey of the leading utilities. The survey generated two Regional Powerhouses and six Top Utilities. All of the utilities who earned our new annual designations are plugged into the heart of economic development efforts in their regions.
We invite you to turn the page and see which of these power players are burning the midnight oil and putting a jolt into job creation.
Editor in Chief
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities