From the May/June 2012 issue
Sometimes things don’t work out exactly the way you’ve planned them. When we sat down at our editorial calendar meeting last year and set the lineup for the May/June issue, we assumed that our annual look at the biotech sector would reveal a steadily expanding universe of start-ups.
We also thought waves of economic recovery emanating from the U.S. would be coming ashore in Europe. We wondered whether a federal consolidation of government data centers—now impacting more than 1,200 facilities—might turn our industry focus of this sector into a crisis report.
Well, it turns out that the biotech playing field is leveling, Europe is in crisis and the data center industry is growing by gigabytes. Go figure.
Which tells us that it’s more important than ever to stay current on the latest twists and turns of the economic development saga. Yesterday’s winners may be tomorrow’s losers. The only constant is change. We’ll do our best to keep you up to speed.
This month, we also unveil our comprehensive survey of the leading utilities. The survey generated two Regional Powerhouses and six Top Utilities. All of the utilities who earned our new annual designations are plugged into the heart of economic development efforts in their regions.
We invite you to turn the page and see which of these power players are burning the midnight oil and putting a jolt into job creation.
Editor in Chief
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Two-Way Street