Bridgestone Americas plans to invest $74 million more through next year to expand its Firestone tire factory in Des Moines, IA. The Des Moines Register reports the investment is in addition to Bridgestone’s $77 million project at the plant, which was announced in March 2010.
The plant has added about 250 workers in the past two years, bringing the total to nearly 1,700 people. Bridgestone Americas, which is based in Nashville, TN, didn’t say whether the new plan will bring more jobs.
The plant makes tires for the agricultural, forestry and construction equipment markets.
The state and Polk County gave Bridgestone $600,000 in loans and grants, plus $108,000 in tax credits, last year to aid the last expansion.
Officials say Bridgestone hasn’t applied for assistance with its latest expansion plan.
You might like:
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN