AGS Automotive Invests $21 Million in Sterling Heights, MI Unit
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation today announced that the Michigan Strategic Fund has approved a $900,000 Michigan Business Development Program incentive for the expansion of AGS Automotive Sterling Heights operations, a project that will generate up to $21.2 million in new private investment and add up to 90 new jobs.
“AGS plays an important role in our automotive supply chain and its decision to expand here demonstrates that Michigan is a great place to do business,” said MEDC President and CEO Michael A. Finney. “This new investment shows Michigan’s highly competitive business climate and world class workforce mean real opportunities for leading edge companies.”
AGS Automotive, a manufacturer of automotive bumper system assemblies, has been awarded a $900,000 Michigan Business Development Program incentive to expand its Sterling Heights operations. AGS proposes to invest up to $21.2 million to secure and upgrade an existing vacant building in Sterling Heights, creating up to 90 new jobs as a result of the project. The City of Sterling Heights has offered support in the form of a tax abatement to the project.
“When AGS considered alternate sites for an expansion of its footprint, MEDC, through the Michigan Strategic Fund, demonstrated leadership through its continued commitment to the automotive industry, said AGS Co-President Joe Leon. “This was very important to us.”
“MEDC’s seamless approach to providing state, county and city support and its tremendous responsiveness in providing that support was a key element in AGS choosing Michigan as the place to undertake a major expansion,” said fellow AGS Co-President Joe Loparco.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility