Ross Stores Will Bring 600 New Jobs to York County
Ross Stores, a chain of American off-price department stores that operate under the name Ross Dress for Less, will open a new distribution and warehousing facility in York County, SC. Under a five year program, the 1.2 million-square-foot building is expected to generate approximately 600 new jobs.
Anticipated to be up and running sometime in 2013, the Rock Hill facility in Antrim Business Park will be used to distribute merchandise to the company’s retail stores in 30 states.
“Ross has found York County a good place to do business over the past 10 years,” Michael Wilson, senior vice president of Supply Chain for Ross, said in a press release. “We currently operate in the county over 1.9 million square feet of warehouse and distribution space as well as our supply chain headquarters. We look forward to adding this new facility to our distribution capabilities.”
According to York County Council Chairman, Britt Blackwell, Ross Dress for Less has made several significant investments in York County over the past decade and with more than 1,200 on staff in the area, currently is one of the county’s largest employers.
“This new operation is verification of York County’s focus on the value of existing industry and the benefits they bring to our community,” Blackwell said. “We are excited about the hundreds of new jobs that will be part of this investment as we strive to make York County the most business-friendly county in the nation.”
“Ross’ decision to invest in South Carolina shows how critical good transportation infrastructure is in attracting investments that create jobs,” said Bobby Hitt, Secretary of Commerce.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming