March/April 2012 Issue (Volume 45, Number 2)
Business Facilities: March/April 2012
First Word | Taking The Prize
Snapshots: 60 Seconds | with Joseph E. Zeis, Jr., Vice President and Chief Strategist, The Dayton Development Coalition
Business Report: Georgia – GT Info Security Center Supports Cyber Start-Ups | Georgia Tech Information Security Center start ups continue to attract capital funding for cyber security development.
Cover Story: Digital Media Takes The Prize | Millions of pixels are helping to create thousands of jobs in a new high-growth sector of the economy. From feature films to video games, digital media is spreading its computer-generated wings and flying, from traditional locations like California, Massachusetts and New York to up and coming industry leaders Utah, Louisiana and Rhode Island.
Feature Story: 2012 Economic Development Awards | Business Facilities is continuously adapting to meet the needs of our community. What better way to celebrate growth than with a gaggle of new Economic Development Awards? Our new standard of excellence crowns achievement in categories honoring the agencies and organizations who have established the best practices in our industry with measurable success.
Business Report: New Jersey – Transit Hub Tax Credit Fuels An Urban Renaissance In NJ | The Garden State’s Urban Transit Hub Tax Credit is a major tool for investment, development and employment.
Business Report: California – Finding The Lowest Denominator Of Business Cost | In a challenging economic environment, municipalities find that a low cost of business is the key that unlocks new jobs.
Industry Focus: The “Space” That Keeps Us Grounded | From the ground up, find out how the aerospace industry contributes to our safety and economy and advances our way of life.
Business Report: Texas – A Decade Of Prosperity | According to Gov. Rick Perry, low taxes, a fair legal system and a skilled workforce have helped put the Lone Star State on a decade’s long roll for job growth.
Location Focus: New York – A Wealth Of Everything | From the City that Never Sleeps to the City of Good Neighbors, the City by the Sea to the City of Parks, anything can and does happen in New York—and the Empire State is always ready for action.
Business Report: Arizona Is Challenging Its Homegrown Innovators | The Copper State is hoping to win the gold with a money-driven challenge for its dedication to innovation.
Feature Story: Memphis Bioworks – Breaking Ground On Medical Breakthroughs | The new Memphis Specialized Laboratory rising at the UT-Baptist Research Park in Tennessee will help speed the FDA approval process for new vaccines, orthopedics and drugs at one of the nation’s leading biomed hubs.
Industry Focus: Automotive Shifts Into High Gear | Learn why the automotive industry is roaring back to life and who is expected to come out on top.
Business Report: Indiana – A Warm Business Climate Grows A Multitude Of Jobs | The Hoosier State received a record number of job commitments last year and aims to keep pace in 2012.
Feature Story: Rhode Island Is Big On The Future | Gov. Lincoln Chaffee is positioning Rhode Island at the forefront of 21st century economic development by focusing on the building blocks of the new economy. Join us as the governor gives us the tour.
The Growth Specialist: Top Ten Things Local Officials Can Do To Promote Job Creation | The man who oversaw the U.S. government’s $787-billion stimulus program emphasizes a common-sense approach to job-creation based on planning, efficiency and shoe leather.
To subscribe to BF, visit this link.
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- China-Based Sinomax Group Creating 350 Jobs In Tennessee
- General Cable Industries Relocating Operations To Lawrenceburg, KY
- State Focus: Texas Diversity
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
Topic Tags: BF-March/April-2012