FIRST WORD: Taking The Prize
From the March/April 2012 issue
When we planned this issue, we reserved the cover for a timely feature on the hot-growth digital media sector. We also set aside a healthy number of pages for our new Economic Development Awards.
Well, it turns out we just couldn’t keep an award off the cover—as the issue headed to press, one of the digital media shops profiled in our cover story snagged an Academy Award for Best Animated Short. We congratulate the folks at Shreveport, LA-based Moonbot Studios for their meteoric rise from start-up to stardom.
Moonbot’s Oscar has plenty of company on these pages as we unveil our first annual package of awards honoring the economic development agencies who have consistently established and executed the best practices in our industry.
Every year, Business Facilities bestows its top honors for Economic Development Deal of the Year and State of the Year. We also put our imprimatur on the leading states and metros in our annual Rankings Report, the most comprehensive set of rankings you can find.
Now we turn our spotlight on the organizations whose efforts create the development success stories that fill our magazine every month. The worthy finalists in all of our awards categories made our task of picking the winners a lot harder than we thought it would be, a credit to them all.
And so, without further ado, it’s time to raise the curtain, open the envelopes and start the applause.
Editor in Chief
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 3085 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 1929 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 1786 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 1766 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 1737 Views