Baxter Plans $1-Billion BioMed Complex in Georgia
Healthcare conglomerate Baxter International Inc. plans to open a plasma-based treatments manufacturing plant on Metro Atlanta’s Eastside, creating more than 1,500 jobs.
The $1-billion plant, including warehouses and distribution facilities, will be built in Stanton Springs, GA on a 1,600-acre master-planned site east of I-285 near Covington, GA. Construction will begin this year with commercial production scheduled to begin in 2018.
The announcement comes just a little more than two months after Georgia landed a manufacturing plant for Caterpillar Inc. , to be developed near Athens, GA, bringing at least 1,400 jobs.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open