Brightery Solar Moving Headquarters to Kansas City, MO
The Missouri Department of Economic Development (DED) has announced that Brightergy Solar of Lenexa, KS, a leading solar development and finance firm in the Midwest and Northeast, will move its headquarters and operations to Kansas City, MO.
A full service renewable energy service provider, Brightergy Solar specializes in solar panel system design, installation and finance. The company will make a capital investment in the Kansas City area of $2.2 million and plans to create 115 new jobs over the next five years. The company chose to relocate to Missouri due to the state’s solar energy policy and competitive economic incentives.
“Having a high-tech company such as Brightergy invest more than $2.2 million while creating 115 new local jobs is excellent news for the Kansas City metro area’s economy,” said Chris Pieper, Acting Director of the Missouri Department of Economic Development.
“Under the leadership of Governor Nixon, our administration is focused on creating jobs and moving our economy forward, and I am pleased that we were able to provide the economic tools to help make this project possible.”
The state of Missouri’s incentive package included $1.2 million in Quality Jobs tax incentives, which the company will received only after it has created the new jobs it has pledged to create. The company plans to locate its headquarters at 1617 Main Street in Kansas City’s Crossroads District, doubling its operational space to 10,000 square feet.
“We received an incredible amount of support from the building owners in the Crossroads and wanted to be closer to our customer base in Missouri,” said Adam Blake, CEO of Brightergy. “Missouri’s progressive solar energy policy and incentives have been a contributing factor to our company growth and is allowing us to create jobs in Missouri and expand.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility