State of the Industry 2012
IEDC President and CEO, Jeff Finkle, gave his annual presentation on the state of the economic development industry to attendees of IEDC’s Leadership Conference in San Antonio, TX on January 30, 2012.
Since the recession, economic development professionals have had to become more deft and nimble, often tasked with trying to accomplish more with less resources. Economic development organizations have shifted priorities and have entered into partnerships with new and different stakeholders in order to grow and sustain the economic well-being of their community.
Jeff’s comments include an analysis of IEDC’s January 2012 membership survey that highlights priorities and transitions in today’s economic development organizations. The attached presentation also includes important facts on U.S. job growth and relevant commentary on key trends taking place in the field that will affect the profession for the upcoming 5 years and beyond.
Here is a link to Mr. Finkle’s PowerPoint presentation:
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide
- General Cable Industries Relocating Operations To Lawrenceburg, KY
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open