Rubbermaid Expands Manufacturing in Mogadore, OH
Newell Rubbermaid has announced plans to invest more than $25 million into its manufacturing facility in Mogadore, OH. The company will also be adding nearly 140 new full-time positions there.
This investment will include the purchase of new machinery and equipment, as well as infrastructure improvements. The Ohio Tax Credit Authority approved a 75 percent, 15-year Refundable Ohio Job Retention Tax Credit to Newell Rubbermaid as part of the company’s commitment to retaining its facility in the Village of Mogadore.
“Newell Rubbermaid’s investment in Mogadore is yet another example of a Fortune 500 company that has reinvested in our community over the past year,” stated Rick Rebadow, Executive Vice President for the Greater Akron Chamber. “Their commitment to maintain and create manufacturing jobs is a strong testimonial to the business climate that both the public and private sectors have cultivated on a regional scale.”
There are currently more than 700 people employed at the Mogadore location. Rubbermaid has two other Ohio operations in Fairlawn and Perrysburg.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 2839 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 1681 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 1547 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 1533 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 1505 Views