Honeywell plans to spend $27.5 million to increase its production capability at Virginia operation. Gov. Bob McDonnell said in a news release that the project will add 50 jobs. The Chesterfield County operation produces polyethylene fiber for bullet-resistant vests and other ballistic protection used by the U.S. military and law enforcement. The fiber also is used in some industrial applications.
Gov. McDonnell has approved a $300,000 performance-based grant from the Virginia Investment Partnership program for the expansion. The Virginia Department of Business Assistance will provide support for recruitment and training activities.
Honeywell has 17 facilities statewide in Virginia, including in Hopewell and Colonial Heights, and employs about 1,800 people in Virginia. The Chesterfield location on Bermuda Hundred Road employs about 300 people.
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership, the Greater Richmond Partnership and Virginia’s Gateway Region helped secure the project for the area.
Virginia edge North Carolina and South Carolina for the project. The 106-year-old company launched operation in Virginia in 1928. Honeywell had sales totaling $36.5 billion in 2011, up 13 percent over 2010.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Last Chance
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Two-Way Street
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN