Honeywell Expands Advanced Fiber Production in Virginia
Honeywell plans to spend $27.5 million to increase its production capability at Virginia operation. Gov. Bob McDonnell said in a news release that the project will add 50 jobs. The Chesterfield County operation produces polyethylene fiber for bullet-resistant vests and other ballistic protection used by the U.S. military and law enforcement. The fiber also is used in some industrial applications.
Gov. McDonnell has approved a $300,000 performance-based grant from the Virginia Investment Partnership program for the expansion. The Virginia Department of Business Assistance will provide support for recruitment and training activities.
Honeywell has 17 facilities statewide in Virginia, including in Hopewell and Colonial Heights, and employs about 1,800 people in Virginia. The Chesterfield location on Bermuda Hundred Road employs about 300 people.
The Virginia Economic Development Partnership, the Greater Richmond Partnership and Virginia’s Gateway Region helped secure the project for the area.
Virginia edge North Carolina and South Carolina for the project. The 106-year-old company launched operation in Virginia in 1928. Honeywell had sales totaling $36.5 billion in 2011, up 13 percent over 2010.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility