From the January/February 2012 issue
We are welcoming in 2012 with a new double-issue format and schedule for Business Facilities. Our magazine now will appear six times each year (including our annual Site Seekers’ Guide, which remains our November/December stalwart).
Fewer issues doesn’t mean less coverage of the critical subjects central to economic development and site selection—to the contrary, the larger format will enable us to deliver our most comprehensive package of insightful features to date. We also will be introducing some new departments that will expand the scope of our coverage, while maintaining the level of expertise you have come to expect from a national publication that has been an industry leader for four decades.
As usual, we open this year’s volume with our annual Economic Development Deal of the Year and State of the Year awards. The field was highly competitive, with nearly two dozen big-ticket projects vying for top honors, and several states worthy of contention for the big prize. Our congratulations go to Utah, our State of the Year standard-bearer, and to the hard-working folks in Kentucky, South Carolina and Arizona who wowed our blue-ribbon panel with an impressive tour de force of innovative project development. In our view, there were no losers in this year’s awards competition.
On these pages, you will find the best of the best—those who aimed to get bigger and better. Bravo to all.
You might like:
- Flex-N-Gate To Create Up To 650 Jobs In Detroit
- SNAPSHOTS: 60 Seconds… with Dennis Davin, Secretary, PA DCED
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Last Chance
- Foreign Direct Investment: On the Rebound?