Mayor Gary Fuller has announced that Daewon America is investing $13 million in and expansion of its manufacturing facility in Opelika, AL. The company will install new equipment in its coil spring operation and add 32 jobs.
“I am proud of the relationship that the State and the City of Opelika have established with Daewon America and the jobs the company has already brought to the Lee County area,” Gov. Robert Bentley said. “Daewon is a world-class operation that has been located in Opelika since 2007. It is a testament to the state’s excellent business climate that the company continues to grow and prosper right here in our state.”
Alabama Development Office Director Greg Canfield recognized the importance of supporting existing industry: “Daewon’s announcement today reflects the strength of Alabama’s automotive industry and the cooperative relationships we have established that have resulted in continued growth. It is important that our existing industries be nourished so that they grow in Alabama. We have made this one of our top priorities. Congratulations to Daewon America and to residents of the Opelika area.”
Daewon America, Inc. is a division of Daewon Kang Up, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of coil spring and stabilizer bars. At the Opelika facility they produce suspension bars and coils to supply the automotive industry including Hyundai, Kia, GM and Chrysler.
This additional investment will bring the total capital investment Daewon America has made in Opelika to over $65 million. Their facility is located in the Northeast Opelika Industrial Park.
You might like:
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN