Daewon America Expands Production in Opelika, AL
Mayor Gary Fuller has announced that Daewon America is investing $13 million in and expansion of its manufacturing facility in Opelika, AL. The company will install new equipment in its coil spring operation and add 32 jobs.
“I am proud of the relationship that the State and the City of Opelika have established with Daewon America and the jobs the company has already brought to the Lee County area,” Gov. Robert Bentley said. “Daewon is a world-class operation that has been located in Opelika since 2007. It is a testament to the state’s excellent business climate that the company continues to grow and prosper right here in our state.”
Alabama Development Office Director Greg Canfield recognized the importance of supporting existing industry: “Daewon’s announcement today reflects the strength of Alabama’s automotive industry and the cooperative relationships we have established that have resulted in continued growth. It is important that our existing industries be nourished so that they grow in Alabama. We have made this one of our top priorities. Congratulations to Daewon America and to residents of the Opelika area.”
Daewon America, Inc. is a division of Daewon Kang Up, one of the world’s largest manufacturers of coil spring and stabilizer bars. At the Opelika facility they produce suspension bars and coils to supply the automotive industry including Hyundai, Kia, GM and Chrysler.
This additional investment will bring the total capital investment Daewon America has made in Opelika to over $65 million. Their facility is located in the Northeast Opelika Industrial Park.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel