Carpenter Technology Expands Manufacturing in Berks County
Carpenter Technology Corp. entered into an agreement to buy 50 acres in Reading, PA, for $6 million to significantly expand its manufacturing facilities, according to a report in the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Carpenter, which makes and distributes conventional and powder metal specialty alloys, signed an agreement to buy land and four buildings on the former site of Dana Corp.’s Reading operations. The property is on West Robeson and Weiser streets and is adjacent to Carpenter’s existing East Shore property.
While most of the 40-acre property is developable land, four existing buildings totaling more than 355,000 square feet are on the site. Carpenter anticipates developing new facilities on the property that it expects will improve plant flow. Carpenter already has $125 million in projects under way in the Berks County community.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming