Amazon.com, Inc. has announced plans to open a new fulfillment center in Spartanburg County, SC. The facility will create hundreds of new full time jobs and involve a $50 million investment in the state.
“South Carolina has been a great home for us and we’re excited to create hundreds of additional jobs in the state,” said Dave Clark, vice president, Amazon Global Customer Fulfillment. “We had a great first holiday season in Lexington County and we look forward to serving our customers from both Lexington and Spartanburg Counties by the fall.”
Amazon opened its first South Carolina fulfillment center last year in Lexington County’s Saxe Gotha Industrial Park. The new facility in Spartanburg County will be approximately one million square feet and will be located on a site near John Dodd Road.
“Our state has a vibrant and growing distribution and logistics sector, and having a company like Amazon continue to establish new operations here builds on that reputation,” said Bobby Hitt, Secretary of Commerce.
“Spartanburg County is pleased to welcome Amazon as it represents another investment by a global company that realizes we are a pro-business community. We are especially thankful to our partners, including Duke Energy, AdvanceSC, Spartanburg County CTC Committee, Piedmont Natural Gas, our workforce professionals, Johnson Development Associates, the Economic Futures Group investors and staff, Spartanburg County staff, and the S.C. Department of Commerce. All were vital to making this project possible,” said David Britt, Economic Recruitment Committee of Spartanburg County chairman and Economic Futures Group Board member.
Amazon plans to begin hiring for the new fulfillment center later this year and the facility is expected to be operational this fall.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities