Amazon.com, Inc. has announced plans to open a new fulfillment center in Spartanburg County, SC. The facility will create hundreds of new full time jobs and involve a $50 million investment in the state.
“South Carolina has been a great home for us and we’re excited to create hundreds of additional jobs in the state,” said Dave Clark, vice president, Amazon Global Customer Fulfillment. “We had a great first holiday season in Lexington County and we look forward to serving our customers from both Lexington and Spartanburg Counties by the fall.”
Amazon opened its first South Carolina fulfillment center last year in Lexington County’s Saxe Gotha Industrial Park. The new facility in Spartanburg County will be approximately one million square feet and will be located on a site near John Dodd Road.
“Our state has a vibrant and growing distribution and logistics sector, and having a company like Amazon continue to establish new operations here builds on that reputation,” said Bobby Hitt, Secretary of Commerce.
“Spartanburg County is pleased to welcome Amazon as it represents another investment by a global company that realizes we are a pro-business community. We are especially thankful to our partners, including Duke Energy, AdvanceSC, Spartanburg County CTC Committee, Piedmont Natural Gas, our workforce professionals, Johnson Development Associates, the Economic Futures Group investors and staff, Spartanburg County staff, and the S.C. Department of Commerce. All were vital to making this project possible,” said David Britt, Economic Recruitment Committee of Spartanburg County chairman and Economic Futures Group Board member.
Amazon plans to begin hiring for the new fulfillment center later this year and the facility is expected to be operational this fall.
You might like:
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Expands, Relocates HQ To Nevada
- SNAPSHOTS: 60 Seconds… with Dennis Davin, Secretary, PA DCED
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Two-Way Street
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Foreign Direct Investment: On the Rebound?
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Insitu To Open Commercial UAS Facility At MSU