Team NEO to Award $3 Million to Spur Job Growth in Ohio
As the new regional office in Northeast Ohio for the JobsOhio business development program, Team NEO is preparing to award grants totally $3 million for six proposals to stimulate job growth and economic development in the region, Crain’s Cleveland Business reports.
The largest grant ($2 million) will go to a joint regional retention and expansion program involving five groups — Greater Cleveland Partnership, Team Lorain County, Youngstown-Warren Regional Chamber, Stark Development Board, and the Greater Akron Chamber.
The Wayne Economic Development Council will receive two grants, including $150,000 to build the region’s agricultural bioscience business sector and $125,000 for an effort to attract foreign investment in the region by giving foreign investors the opportunity to obtain green cards for themselves and their families under the federal EB-5 program.
Team NEO would receive $475,000 for its business attraction strategy that targets companies in high-growth industry sectors; Early-stage investment organization JumpStart Inc. would receive $125,000; and Richland Community Development Group would be given $100,000 for its business retention and expansion activities.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana