Lowe’s to Open $15-Million Customer Support Center in NM
Home improvement retail giant Lowe’s will open a customer support center in Albuquerque and invest around $15 million in the new facility, the North Carolina company announced this week.
Company officials said it will renovate a 65,000 square-foot building on Jefferson Avenue in northeast Albuquerque for the planned call center, expected to open early next year. The company said the new center will create 250 jobs by March and a total of 600 jobs by the end of next year. Lowe’s officials said Albuquerque was chosen because the city is located in the mountain time zone and had a suitable building.
The new center will provide customer care, store support, internet sales support and repair services for Lowe’s customers. It will be the company’s first corporate office outside of its headquarters in North Carolina, according to company officials. The company, which is based in Mooresville, has a similar office in Wilkesboro, NC.
Gov. Susana Martinez and Mayor Richard Berry joined Lowe’s officials to announce the new center. “We’re super excited, and we want more and more companies to come to New Mexico so New Mexicans can get back to work,” said Martinez.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility