Bed Bath & Beyond Plans E-Fulfillment Center in Georgia
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. will open an e-commerce fulfillment center in Pendergrass, GA, creating up to 900 jobs over four years, an investment of $50 million. The center will open in 2012.
“Georgia’s ability to attract industry-leading businesses is affirmed when we can successfully help a thriving company like Bed Bath & Beyond carry out its plans for business expansion right here in our state,” Gov. Nathan Deal said. “Bed Bath & Beyond will certainly benefit not only from our competitive business climate and workforce, but also our widely recognized logistics infrastructure that will help the company efficiently meet the distribution needs of its growing e-commerce business.”
The Jackson County fulfillment center will service the company’s expanding online sales operations. The company currently operates 29 retail stores in Georgia.
“We appreciate all of the efforts of and collaboration between the state and local authorities in helping us to come to our decision to locate our next e-commerce fulfillment center in Pendergrass in Jackson County,” said Bill Waltzinger, Vice President of Corporate Development. “We are excited to expand our presence in Georgia and we look forward to the opportunity to create jobs in the community and serve our customers from our new facility.”
The new center will be situated in an 810,000-square-foot facility in the Walnut Fork Distribution Center. Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) partnered with the Jackson County Area Chamber of Commerce and Electric Cities of Georgia to bring the project to Pendergrass. Bed Bath & Beyond will be offered workforce training assistance from Georgia Quick Start.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility