Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. will open an e-commerce fulfillment center in Pendergrass, GA, creating up to 900 jobs over four years, an investment of $50 million. The center will open in 2012.
“Georgia’s ability to attract industry-leading businesses is affirmed when we can successfully help a thriving company like Bed Bath & Beyond carry out its plans for business expansion right here in our state,” Gov. Nathan Deal said. “Bed Bath & Beyond will certainly benefit not only from our competitive business climate and workforce, but also our widely recognized logistics infrastructure that will help the company efficiently meet the distribution needs of its growing e-commerce business.”
The Jackson County fulfillment center will service the company’s expanding online sales operations. The company currently operates 29 retail stores in Georgia.
“We appreciate all of the efforts of and collaboration between the state and local authorities in helping us to come to our decision to locate our next e-commerce fulfillment center in Pendergrass in Jackson County,” said Bill Waltzinger, Vice President of Corporate Development. “We are excited to expand our presence in Georgia and we look forward to the opportunity to create jobs in the community and serve our customers from our new facility.”
The new center will be situated in an 810,000-square-foot facility in the Walnut Fork Distribution Center. Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) partnered with the Jackson County Area Chamber of Commerce and Electric Cities of Georgia to bring the project to Pendergrass. Bed Bath & Beyond will be offered workforce training assistance from Georgia Quick Start.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Airbus Expanding In Virginia
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Battle of the Box
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida