NBC Sports Moving to Connecticut
NBC and Connecticut Governor, Dannel P. Malloy, officially confirmed that much of NBC’s sports operation will move from Rockefeller Center in New York to a former Clairol factory in Stamford, Connecticut. The relocation is estimated to add at least 450 jobs to the state.
Construction is expected to begin in September 2012 with the move taking place in 2013.
The NBC Sports Group, which includes the sports productions of the NBC broadcast network, NBC Olympics, NBC Sports Digital, VERSUS (soon to be renamed the NBC Sports Network) and the Comcast Sports Management Group, is expected to receive millions of dollars in tax credits from the state in addition to a loan of $20 million at one percent interest (specifics contingent upon job creation).
According to Mark Lazarus, chairman of NBC Sports Group, the entertainment company is creating a 32-acre site that leaves room for numerous studios and future growth.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment