Merit Medical Systems Relocates to Pearland, TX
The Pearland Economic Development Corporation has announced the successful recruitment of Utah-based Merit Medical Systems, Inc. The global medical device company will build a new research and development and manufacturing facility in Pearland.
The new facility will be located on a 12-acre site at 14646 Kirby Drive, located southwest of the Beltway 8 and SH-288 intersection and just north of Shadow Creek Ranch. The two-story facility will be 118,000 square feet with space for a staff of approximately 220 employees.
“Merit is the second medical manufacturing facility to choose to locate in Pearland, following on the heels of Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.,” said Pearland Mayor Tom Reid. “It has been a long-standing goal of the City to cultivate a broad spectrum of medical related organizations in our community; Merit’s selection of Pearland is a testament to our efforts and willingness to work with businesses interested in investing in our city.”
Merit conducted a multi-state site search and selected Pearland for its new location. The City of Pearland and the PEDC worked to recruit Merit in partnership with the Greater Houston Partnership and Harris County.
“We wanted to be part of a community that was growing,” said Greg Fredde, vice president of government affairs for Merit Medical Systems, Inc. “This is a location that provides Merit employees easy access to the facility with minimal disruptions. Pearland’s investments, infrastructure and retail amenities will also be beneficial to employees.”
The facility will be situated in a business park owned by a BETZ Companies partnership, which retains an additional 23 acres of land on the same lot. The commercial real estate organization is looking for other medical-related businesses to fill the space. A BETZ Companies partnership coordinated the sale with Boyd Commercial, real estate representative for Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Merit will be located across the street from the new Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. facility.
Construction of the new facility is scheduled to begin mid-October. HKS, Inc. developed the facility’s architecture designs and the project’s general contractor is Jacobsen Construction.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. is engaged in the development, manufacture and distribution of proprietary disposable medical devices used in interventional and diagnostic procedures, particularly in cardiology, radiology and endoscopy. Merit serves client hospitals worldwide.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel