“Our company has continued to grow throughout the years, and we are pleased to expand again here in Dillon County. `This expansion will help us better meet customer demand. South Carolina has consistently provided us with a business-friendly environment and skilled talent,” said Howard Carr, general manager of Dillon Furniture Manufacturing Co.
Dillon Furniture Manufacturing, which recently created Dillon Hospitality Group with Ron Hahn, plans to add equipment and space to its current manufacturing facility in Dillon County. This expansion will allow the company to increase the production capacity of its current manufacturing of hospitality furniture. The expansion is expected to be completed in December 2013.
“We are always thrilled to see one of our existing businesses grow its presence in our state. We celebrate Dillon Furniture Manufacturing Company’s decision to expand and create more than 100 new jobs here,” said Gov. Nikki Haley.
This year, Commerce has been involved in the recruitment of more than $2.9 billion in capital investment and more than 7,000 jobs in the manufacturing sector.
“Manufacturing continues to be a source of wealth creation throughout our state. Dillon Furniture Manufacturing Company’s expansion not only adds to our manufacturing strength but also shows that our business-friendly environment continues to help our existing businesses prosper,” said Bobby Hitt, Secretary of Commerce.
“Dillon Furniture Manufacturing Company has such a rich history in Dillon and this expansion will make a tremendous impact on our community. The Dillon County Council fully supports economic development in the county and we look forward to assisting more Industries in the future,” said Dillon County Council Chairman Archie Scott.
“We are very excited about the expansion. Dillon Furniture Manufacturing Company has been a great asset to the community for over 50 years and has provided a better quality of life for the citizens of Dillon County. This expansion shows our level of commitment to our existing industries and economic development,” said Dillon County Administrator Clay Young.
The state of South Carolina provided training funds and job development credits, which will be available if hiring targets are met. The county provided a fee-in-lieu-of-tax agreement for the new capital investment.
The company will begin hiring for the positions in October. Anyone interested in job opportunities with the company should apply in person at any of the Pee Dee area SCWorks/One-Stop Centers.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities