Damascus Bakeries Relocates to Newark, NJ
Damascus Bakeries, a commercial baking company currently located in Brooklyn, NY, is relocating its operations to Newark, NJ, bringing 180 jobs to New Jersey’s largest city.
The company has purchased a building at 60 McClellan Street in the South Ward in the Newark Urban Enterprise Zone for approximately $3.5 million and will invest close to $1.2 million in site improvements and upgrades. The opening is scheduled for early 2012.
The 117,419 sf industrial building sits on a 5.35 acre site, nestled between Routes 1/9, 78, and 22 (off NJ Turnpike, Exit 14), less than one mile from Newark’s Liberty International Airport
“Newark’s food production industry is evolving into a complex base of complementary companies that supply the regional and national marketplace,” said Lyneir Richardson, CEO, Brick City Development Corporation (BCDC).
Damascus Bakeries joins a prestigious group of national and regional food related businesses that have chosen New Jersey for their headquarters or major operations, including The Manischewitz Company and Pacific Group Holdings (Bonita Bananas), and Bartlett Dairy all opened new headquarters earlier this year. Wakefern Food Corporation broke ground on a new 180,000 sf distribution center in August 2011.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana