Lime Energy Co. Moves Headquarters from Chicago to NC
Lime Energy Co. is moving its headquarters to Huntersville, NC from Chicago and plans to add 50 to 75 employees within two years, according a report in the Charlotte Business Journal.
The company, which bills itself as a clean-energy business, expects to complete the relocation in October. In preparing for the headquarters relocation, Lime Energy says it already has added 15 jobs here, and 35 in North Carolina as a whole, during the past year. According to its website, the company also has N.C. operations in Locust and Greensboro. It has about 400 employees companywide, including 100 in North Carolina.
The company provides a range of energy-efficiency and renewable-energy services to utilities, governments and building owners, among others.
“Lime Energy is excited to connect to the emerging energy hub in North Carolina,” says John O’Rourke, company president and chief executive. “Lime Energy has built a national platform that makes clean energy a reality for our government, commercial and utility customers. Lime Energy has grown 30 percent year over year for the past three years and reported record backlog in its most recent earnings call.”
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment